Bag-in-box refers to a retail carton that has a filled pouch or “bag” inside of it. Most often it refers to a dry spice or powder of some kind that is first weigh-filled into a pouch and sealed, then that bag is inserted (manually or automatically) into a retail box for presentation on the store shelf. Some examples of Bag-in-Box include cake mixes, soup mixes, and pancake mixes.
Assemblies Unlimited can provide you with a cost-effective Bag-in-Box solution by completing both packaging steps on the same production line. This automatic set-up will help speed up cycle times and will help save money. In addition, we will source and supply the printed film as well as the printed folding cartons to ensure your project is done correctly and on-time!
Packaging specifications needed to receive a quote on Bag-In-Box:
- Size of bag
- Size of box
- Fill weight of bag
- Structure of film for bag (moisture, air or odor barriers)
- Lot/date coding
- Number of colors for printing bag / box
- Type of box seal required (glue flaps both ends is standard)
- How finished retail box gets packed out for shipping
- Markings / labels required on master case
- Quantity per production run (25K unit minimum)